Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Part 2 Terrific Twirling

One Early morning in Ohio, My twirling team and I pulled up in the drive way of a high school for competition. I watched my mom get out go the car and get all of our stuff. Makeup,extra clothes, costumes and hair spray. I had knots in my stomach the size of a soccer ball. As I got out of the car I speed walked all the way to the door because I could not run. The air smelled like rain and I could see the clouds parting the sky. If the sky doesn't clear up quick then maybe that means we I will have bad look, I thought to myself.

My whole team huddled together as we waited for the rest of the people to come in. Once we were all inside the building we went inside to take of our layer of I clothes and put on our costume. I was blinded by everyone's sparkly outfits and hats. I went over the routines one last time just to make. sure I had it. "I AM SO NERVOUS!!" I said to my friend Miyah. Her mom was the coach so she was really good. "Don't be you are going to be awesome!!" She assured me. While we were going over the routine as a group I could see a couple people who didn't know the routine at all and if we didn't win it would be the first time we didn't win first place and that would be awful!! 

"Next up the twirling steppers." A woman said over the muffled loud speaker.  We all ran up on the ready line right after the team before us finished their routine. I almost dropped my baton from my sweaty shaking hands. When the music started a rush came over me and I was in the zone. As soon as my head went up I put on my biggest and brightest smile ever!!

I was doing my best and making sure that my arm was strait and my toes were pointed. When we were in. Our circle I could hear someone falling and dropping their baton but I never dropped it once. When it was time for me to go to the front and toss it up in the air and do my high kicks I was really nervous because the girl next to me was really of beat and we were right in front of the judges table! One judge was looking right in the eye and then she wrote something down and I knew things were not going well. My head went strait up when the music stopped and we strutted off the stage. 

When we got off the stage I felt I did really good but some people might have ruined that. The next routine was really good but I didn't know if we were competing against them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment