Thursday, May 29, 2014

Journal response

Journal Response B
Isabel


Dear Diary,

Right now Ruth is on the floor flopping on the ground and I don't know what to do! I feel so bad her because I can't help her. Madam thinks she's possessed by the devil but it is really just an illness that comes every once in a while. I really just want to scoop her up and carry her home but I just have to watch her hit her head on the floor and bleed. I couldn't take it any longer so I got on my knees and hugged her as tight as I could. I ran upstairs and grabbed some cobwebs for her cut on her head. When madams husband walked in he screamed at us and I think it woke up Ruth. When she sat up I cradled  her in my arms while she sobbed. Madam said that they needed to sell Ruth but I tried to convince her not to and her husband said that we were still sisters. Ruth got right back to work. Madam warned me that she would not stay for long so that gave me a sharp pain in my stomach that stayed with me for days. I am trying to get enough information so Ruth and I can find the lawyers that say we are free so we can leave this place now.


Yours truly,
Isabel

No comments:

Post a Comment