Thursday, April 3, 2014

AHW

The Reading Race

I was on my last book for the battle. I kept on saying in my mind to keep reading. It was the last day of the battle and I had 40 more pages to read.
The distractions were filling up in my head like an overflowed river. I just wanted to get up and scream at the top of my lungs. But I didn't, and I tried so hard to keep it together.
 I could hear my friend Megan saying
 "almost done you can so this!"
 Of course she had already read all the books and had nothing to worry about. The reast of the pages felt like it took me hours to read just words on paper. I wanted to give up so badly but I had come way to far to quit now. I took one breath and read and read and read and read. I was reading so fast it seemed that the words flew off the page and into my brain.
 When I got to the vary last word I was not sure if I should read it but I did. It was such a relief but I still had to take the test for it. I guess I was not focused enough on the book because I did not get a good result for me to get in the battle.
 I was really real bumed that I did not make it. My friends were branding a lot that they made it bit I just sucked it up and pretended to be happy for them although I was a little happy for them.
To this day I don't regret trying I just regret not buying forth enough effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment