Monday, February 9, 2015

AHW 2/9/15

Today I had volley ball. There was one minute left on the clock. Sully had just served and failed to hit it over the net. I didn't realize that we had just gotten  point so I stood there looking like a fool with my arms out ready to bump. "Jordyn its your time to serve!" Sully's mom yelled who was also the coach. I thought she was talking to the other Jordyn so I just stood there waiting for her to serve. Finally someone said the Jordyn in the pink which was me. We all rotated and I was hoping that if I walked slow enough the bell would ring and I wouldn't have to serve. "RIIIIING!" A huge alarm went of in my head and I was saved! at least I thought. "Ok Jordyn jut one last serve we'll have enough time" Coach said. She threw the ball to me and I could feel my cheeks burning up. I hadn't been practicing my setting so I was a little rusty. I held the ball in my right and  slowly made an fist with the let. Before I hit I looked up and I saw a million eyes all glued on me. I so wasn't ready! We were tied and I didn't want to let my team down. I hit the ball as hard as I could and it bounced off the net! She through me the ball again as if she knew that I needed another on. Again I made a fist with my left hand but this time I squeezed my eyes shut and brought up all the energy in my body and hit the ball! It flew towards Grace and she hit it and it went over the net. I was so happy! I knew that if I tried hard enough I could get that ball over the net some way some how!

No comments:

Post a Comment